|For More Information|
Scaleable network intelligence
Traffic Sentinel™ provides real-time network visibility to manage large complex networks. An intuitive drill-down interface simplifies navigation through detailed network data to quickly find answers.
- Understand who is using the network, where they are, and what they are doing.
- Rapidly identify the cause of any problems or abnormal traffic.
- Understand trends in usage and accurately target upgrades.
- Generate reports on current and historical performance.
Traffic Sentinel has at its core InMon's patented correlation engine and database that is capable of continuously monitoring tens of thousands of switch/router ports. Sophisticated statistical algorithms combine peformance data from all the devices to build an easily queryable real-time picture of the entire network.
Traffic Sentinel makes use of embedded instrumentation within switches, routers, load balancers, and servers. Industry standard sFlow provides the richest information, greatest scalability, and is supported by the largest number of vendors (see sFlow Capable Devices). Traffic Sentinel also accepts IPFIX and a number of proprietary monitoring technologies, including: Cisco NetFlow, Juniper J-Flow, and HP Extended RMON. The use of embedded switch and router monitoring eliminates the need for probes, is simple to deploy, cost effective, and provides detailed network-wide visibility.
- Network-wide thresholds and alarms
- Real-time top n visualization
- Host location
- Automated L2 and L3 topology discovery and mapping
- Application dependency mapping
- Fullly detailed historical data retention
- Customizable interactive and scheduled reporting
- Continuous monitoring of tens of thousands of switch ports and servers
- Access to performance data from any web browser or web-aware application
- Easy integration with other applications through open interface and web-based queries